Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 carrot sticks (chopped)
- 4 Celery ribs (chopped)
- 1 medium sized sweet potato (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves (chopped), plus more for garnish
- 1 cup (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 2 heads of bok choi (sliced)
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup wild rice
- Salt and pepper
Heat a Dutch oven or large heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes.
Add butter, once simmering add onion, celery, carrots, Rosemary, salt, pepper, and Bay leaf. Cook until vegetables are just becoming soft, about 10 minutes.
For the last 2-3 minutes, add garlic and tapioca and cook, stirring occasionally.
Add mushrooms, rice, and chicken and stir in broth. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for about 45 minutes.
With about 5 minutes to go, remove chicken from soup and shred, then add back in along with bok chois. Stir in coconut milk and serve warm!
Notes: *Leftover chicken can also be used for this recipe. Add extra salt/pepper as needed